Internet research, search evaluation
Based in Pleasanton, CA, Leapforce hires independent contractors to perform research tasks for its clients. All these agents are home-based.The (often bilingual) jobs are quality control positions for search engines and other online companies.
Types of Work-at-Home Opportunities at Leapforce:
The types of search evaluation position this company offers are similar to Google ads quality rater jobs or Lionbridge Internet assessor positions.
And like those companies, Leapforce hires for English-only and bilingual jobs. Some jobs are only open to U.S. residents only, but others are offered internationally.
Jobs at Leapforce include:
- Search engine evaluators "evaluate and improve search engine results for one of the world's largest internet search engine companies." The description for this job is almost identical to that of Google's ads quality rater. In fact, many of the these positions are actually working for Google.
- Search Quality Judges review web related search information and provide quality evaluation on tasks provided.
- Map Quality Analysts improve and evaluate Internet-based mapping data, using familiarity of local geography, and analytical research skills.
The languages it needs vary but some languages (in addition to English) that Leapforce needs include, Spanish, Farsi, Chines, Portuguese, and Arabic.
According to the website, "ideal candidates are self-reliant, self-motivated, are very Internet savvy, have a broad range of interests and enjoy online research and evaluation." More specifically, applicants must demonstrate excellent web research skills and analytical abilities as well as superior comprehension and written communication skills.
For bilingual jobs fluency in English and another language is required.
Leapforce agents must have a personal computer, high-speed Internet access (cable modem, DSL, etc.), up-to-date anti-virus and anti-spyware software.
Work must be performed in a private--not public--area. U.S. or Canadian residency is required in many positions but others require residency in the country the agent is evaluating.
Pay and Benefits at Leapforce:
Workers are independent contractors so there are no benefits. According to Glassdoor.com, pay is around $14 an hour* (similar to Google ads rater jobs' pay). Agents invoice and are paid via check every 30 days. Agents invoice for each hour they work. In order to remain working at Leapforce, agents must remain active, which means completing a minimum of 200 evaluation tasks every 30 days.
Applying to Leapforce:
To apply go to the Leapforce website.
There are no fees for applications or training to work at Leapforce. Applicants must pass a three-part exam on search engine evaluation. Agents who fail the exam may be eligible to retake it only one time. Documentation about search engine evaluation is supplied in advance of the test. Additionally, applicants to bilingual Leapforce jobs will be required to pass a language test as well.
- List of Search Evaluation Companies
- Lionsbridge Profile
- Appen Butler Hill company Profile
- Ads Quality Rater Job Profile