If you'd like to learn about Turkish crochet, the resources linked below will help to get you started.
01 of 03
Free Turkish Crochet Patterns and Tutorials
- Turkish Flat Bead crochet and Turkish Loops -- Free tutorials for right and left-handed crocheters
- Free carnation oya pattern -- These pretty beaded crochet flowers can be configured into either edgings or necklaces, and perhaps other things as well if you apply some creativity.
- "Sevens" Oya edging pattern
- Oya beaded lace eyebrows pattern -- This pattern includes a photo tutorial.
- Flower power shawl -- This pattern is available in both Turkish and English.
02 of 03
Turkish Crochet Artisans
Khadijeh Koc, AKA "Couchcrochet" or "Couchcrochetcrumbs" -- This designer makes oya patterns available via Ravelry and Etsy. You might also find finished items available for sale in the Etsy shop linked.
Turkish Crochet by Demet -- Demet crochets a variety of interesting designs from all over the world, including doilies, table linens, and accessories.
03 of 03
The book pictured here, The Beaded Edge, is the most comprehensive resource I know of on the topic of Turkish beaded crochet edgings. The projects featured in the book are simply gorgeous, and I think the book is outstanding. My opinion: if you're interested in Turkish crochet, this book is a great buy. Be sure to check out my book review for more detailed information.