If you've got lots of leftover rice and want to make rice pudding, try this easy leftover rice pudding recipe baked in the oven and made with milk, rice, eggs, sugar and vanilla - and that's just about it! This is a decadent and creamy rice pudding recipe that you can serve either as a sweet breakfast or for dessert. Rice pudding is a great way to use up all your leftover rice.
This rice pudding recipe, made from leftover rice, is vegetarian and gluten-free. Looking for something different? A vegan recipe, or something lower in fat? Here are 10 delicious ways to use up leftover rice.
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup leftover pre-cooked rice
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 tsp cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/3 cup raisins
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, heat the milk and rice, stirring frequently so the milk doesn't burn. Bring to a slow simmer.
- In a separate large bowl, combine the eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add to the milk and rice and allow to cook for just a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pour the rice pudding mixture into a casserole or baking dish and bake in the pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
Allow your rice pudding to cool slightly before serving.