This tasty turkey casserole recipe is made with leftover turkey, leftover stuffing and gravy, and a little cranberry sauce for topping.
This is an excellent way to use Thanksgiving leftovers or make the casserole with freshly cooked turkey or chicken.
- 4 cups prepared turkey stuffing (see below for an easy basic recipe)
- 2 cups cooked diced or sliced turkey
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups prepared turkey gravy
- 1/3 cup jellied or whole cranberry sauce, chilled, cubed
- Heat the oven to 350 F (180 C/Gas 4).
- Butter bottom and sides of 2-quart baking dish.
- Arrange half of the dressing in the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
- Add half of the turkey then top with half of the gravy.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with cubes of cranberry sauce.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes.
Quick Prepared Stuffing
- Saute 1/2 cup of diced celery and 1/3 cup of diced onion in a skillet with 2 tablespoons of butter until softened.
- Add 4 cups of herb seasoned stuffing crumbs and 1 3/4 cups of low sodium chicken broth. Mix to blend thoroughly.
- Taste and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste. Add poultry seasoning to taste, as desired.
- Replace the turkey with chicken for a chicken and dressing casserole.
- Saute about 1/2 cup of diced celery and 1/2 cup of diced onion in butter and add to the prepared stuffing mixture for some extra crunch and flavor.
- Add chopped toasted pecans to the stuffing mixture.