This is a simple recipe for turkey curry. A combination of diced turkey with curry seasonings, ginger, and crushed pineapple make a surprisingly tasty dish, and an excellent way to fix leftover turkey.
Serve this tasty turkey over hot cooked rice for a tasty family meal.
One visitor used a large can of pineapple chunks instead of crushed pineapple, and she was pleasantly surprised that her children (4 and 6 years) ate more dinner than usual.
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 cups onion (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger (ground)
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 8 to 9 ounces can pineapple (crushed, undrained)
- 3 cups turkey (cooked, diced)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 cups rice (hot, cooked)
- In a large skillet, heat curry powder in butter, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Stir in onions; continue cooking, stirring frequently, until onions are softened.
- Blend in flour and ginger; add chicken broth and pineapple. Heat to boiling; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes.
- Stir in turkey. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes longer, or until heated through.
- Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve with hot cooked rice.
- Both my husband and I really love this recipe; I am making it for the second time now. Love the aromas that fill the house and the flavors while dining. We are big turkey fans and this was the perfect answer to leftovers. LDIdeals
- Had leftover turkey and decided on this one after about 3/4 of an hour of reviewing recipes. With the curry and pineapple, it sounded like "something different" to hide the turkey taste. Very simple recipe and was outstanding! We added water chestnuts to add more texture - good addition. Served it over rice with a side of fresh sauteed yellow/zucchini squash. Fabulous dinner and very healthy! Sharon3355
- I like curry dishes but have never used curry in my own cooking before. This recipe was quick, easy, and turned out great. My husband and I both loved it. I will make this again but I am going to try it with broccoli. I recommend that you try this recipe as I did. You will not be disappointed. Multitwins
You Might Also Like