This lemon cake is baked in a Bundt cake pan and finished with a simple lemon glaze.
- Heat the oven to 350° F (177° C/Gas 4). Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt cake pan.
- In a large mixing bowl with electric mixer, cream the butter and granulated sugar together until light and fluffy. Beat in the 1/3 cup lemon juice until well blended. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Add the flour mixture to the first mixture, a little at a time, alternating with the milk.
- Pour the batter into the prepared Bundt cake pan. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes, or until cake springs back when touched with a finger. The cake will pull away from sides of the pan slightly.
- Cool for 5 minutes in the pan; invert and cool completely on a rack.
- In a saucepan over medium-low heat blend confectioners' sugar with 2 tablespoons lemon juice and the vanilla. Cook, stirring, until hot and smooth; cool slightly. Drizzle over the cooled cake.