Serve this sauce hot with broiled or grilled chicken, baked fish, asparagus, or other vegetables. Made with both the juice and peel of fresh lemons, this sauce is easy to make but sophisticated in taste and presentation.
For added color, garnish your dish with more freshly chopped chives.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons chives (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon peel (finely grated)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Dash black pepper (ground)
- Melt butter over low heat in a small saucepan. Stir slowly through both steps of the recipe to avoid burning the butter.
- Add remaining ingredients and heat through.
Serve hot with broiled or grilled chicken, baked fish, asparagus, or vegetables of your choice. Add one tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley to the sauce if you like.