This tasty lemon frosting is a great choice for carrot cake or zucchini cake, or use it to frost spice cupcakes or pumpkin cake. Shown on Gingerbread Cupcakes.
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 4 tablespoons butter (softened)
- 1 tablespoon zest (lemon, finely grated)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (fresh)
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 1/2 to 4 cups sugar (confectioners')
- In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese with the butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and flavorings.
- Slowly beat in 3 1/2 cups of the confectioners' sugar. Increase speed to high and beat until smooth and fluffy.
- Add more confectioners' sugar, if needed for spreading consistency.
Orange Buttercream Frosting
This tasty orange frosting is delicious on vanilla and chocolate cupcakes, or try it on a spiced cupcake or cake.
This recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups of frosting, enough for a 2 layer cake or about 24 cupcakes.
Fluffy Caramel Cream Cheese Frosting
This delicious frosting with a caramel flavor is super easy to prepare. I used neufchatel or "light" cream cheese in this recipe. This recipe is easily halved if you want to frost a small 1-layer cake, a loaf cake, or a dozen cupcakes.
Creamy Butter Frosting Recipe
This basic butter frosting recipe is the perfect topping for a cake or cupcakes. I love this frosting on chocolate cupcakes.
Quick & Easy Chocolate Frosting
This frosting is great for when you're in a hurry. Be sure to beat until it begins to get firm, but don't overbeat.