This is an easy lemon sauce to make, and it tastes great on so many desserts. Use fresh lemons for the very best flavor. I love the sauce over pound cake, and it is incredible drizzled over a bread pudding or slices of gingerbread cake.
- 1 1/2 cups boiling water
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash of salt
- 1 heaping tablespoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Put the water in a medium saucepan and place the pan over high heat. Bring to a boil.
- In a bowl combine the granulated sugar, cornstarch, and salt; blend well. Add the sugar mixture to the boiling water and reduce the heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring constantly until the mixture is thick and clear.
- Remove from the heat and stir in lemon zest, lemon juice, and butter.
- Serve the sauce warm over slices of pound cake or Bundt cake or drizzle over gingerbread, bread pudding, or pancakes.
You Might Also Like