- 1 cup/240 mL peppercorns (black)
- 1/3 cup/80 mL lemon peel (dried)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL onion (dried)
- 1/4 cup/60 mL thyme (dried)
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL coriander seeds
1. Combine all ingredients in a spice grinder or a clean coffee grinder. Ideally, you'll want a coarse grind so do not grind into a fine powder.
2. Store in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. The Lemon Pepper seasoning will retain its flavor for up to 6 months.
3. Use this mixture in marinades. For smaller items like chicken breasts (4), use 2 tablespoons of mixture with the juice of 1 large lemon and 1/4 cup of oil.
Double recipe for a whole chicken, etc.
Can't find dried lemon peel? Learn How to Dry Lemon Peel at Home.