Printable letters and numbers are useful for a variety of craft projects. Add a number to a handmade card to customize the card for someone's birthday, print out some letters to spell words to make a festive banner or garland, add an initial to a scrapbook page to personalize it to the recipient or use in any of a whole host of other ways.
Free Printable Letters and Numbers
We have a range of free printable letters and numbers which you can download to use in your projects.
You'll find more information following the links below. All these printables are free for you to use in your personal crafting projects.
Bookmark and Share!
We will continue to add new freebies to this collection, therefore do remember to bookmark this page and come back to see what we have that's new. Also, don't forget to share this on Pinterest and other social networking sites and help us spread the word!
- Printable Letters to Color - if you love coloring, you'll love these free printable letters which each feature a black and white pattern which is perfect for coloring with pens or pencils. Create your own unique look with your custom coloring scheme.
- Free Printable Upper Case Alphabet - this alphabet is in upper case and has a large bold, easy to read style. This is perfect for making word banners.
- Free Printable Lower Case Alphabet - this alphabet is the lower case version of the uppercase alphabet above.
- Free Printable Glitter Alphabet - this is a ready-patterned alphabet and each letter has a glitter pattern. These letters use a lot of ink, therefore just print the letters you require for each project. If you want to save ink, you could create glitter letters the traditional way and use one of the blank letters above, dab the surface with glue and then give it a liberal dousing with loose glitter.
- Printable Letter and Number Tiles - these letter and number tiles are in the style of Scrabble tiles. These are cute tiles which will look great on handmade cards.
- Printable Numbers 0 - 9 For Birthdays - These numbers from 0 - 9 are specifically for birthday cards. Use any one number or combine them to create the ages to decorate birthday cards and other decorations.
- Printable Letter Tiles (Words) - these letter tiles are already formed into words to save you time.
- Free Printable Numbers for Advent and Countdown Calendars - these numbers have been designed for making advent calendars and countdown calendars. Download these to create your own custom calendars this year.
Tips for Using Numbers and Letters
Here are some tips for using these free printable letters and numbers:
- Print the letters or numbers directly onto colored paper. This will give you colorful letters to make banners without having to add color to each individual letter.
- Cut the letters or numbers from pieces of scrapbooking or decorative paper to create pretty embellishments for projects.
- Use your rubber stamps to stamp over the letters or numbers to create unique decorative effects.
- Use your printer or photocopier to create smaller versions of these letters which will make ideal embellishments for handmade cards or scrapbook pages.
- Letters can make great educational coloring pages for kids. Give a youngster a page with a letter on it and ask them to color the letter and then draw alongside it objects that start with the letter.
We hope you enjoy these free printable alphabet and letters!