How do I find my local child support agency?
Start by visiting the Louisiana Child Support Enforcement website or find the office nearest you by calling 1-888-LAHELP-U (1-888-524-3578). Alternatively, you can call 2-1-1 to find ta location in your area.
How do I file for child support in Louisiana?
The following steps will help you establish a child support order in Louisiana:
- Become familiar with Louisiana's child support guidelines.
- Optional: Use the Louisiana Child Support Calculator to estimate the amount of child support you will receive.
- Complete the online an application for child support services in Louisiana.
- Submit the application online or in person at your local child support agency.
- Once your child support order has been established, complete an authorization form for direct deposit to receive payments more quickly and easily.
Where can I access additional child support resources?
There are several federal and state resources available to you, including:
- The Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement
- The Federal Handbook on Child Support Enforcement
- The Child Support Lien Network (CSLN)
- Frequently Asked Questions About Louisiana Child Support