You can still make a vegan sorbet even if you don't have an ice cream maker. This is an easy dairy-free and vegan chocolate sorbet recipe made from just a few simple ingredients. Vegan sorbet is almost fat-free and is very low in calories, making it healthier than regular ice cream, so you can enjoy this chocolate vegan sorbet without worrying about your waistline! A low-calorie vegan dessert.
See also: More vegan desserts to try
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup pure cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Heat the sugar in a large saucepan over medium heat without stirring, until it begins to melt. Once it begins to melt, stir frequently until completely melted and carmelized.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the water to create a caramel, still stirring frequently.
- Next, stir in the cocoa powder and salt until completely smooth and dissolved.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Add the vanilla, cover, and chill in the refrigerator for about 2 hours.
- If you have an ice cream maker, process the mixture in your ice cream maker according to the directions, then freeze until firm.
- If you don't have an ice cream maker, pour the sorbet into a shallow container and freeze, stirring every 30 minutes until desired consistency is reached, about 2 hours.
- Makes about one quart (four servings) of low-calorie vegan chocolate sorbet.
Nutritional information per serving (from Calorie Count):
Calories: 232, Calories from Fat: 19
% Daily Value:
Total Fat: 2.1g, 3%, Saturated Fat: 1.3g, 6%
Cholesterol: 0mg, 0%
Sodium: 154mg, 6%
Total Carbohydrates: 59.0g, 20%
Dietary Fiber: 4.8g, 19%
Vitamin A 0%, Vitamin C 0%, Calcium 2%, Iron 14%,