Easy vegan (and healthy-ish or at least healthy-er) low-fat baked sweet potato fries. If you're craving a high-fat and salty treat like fast food French fries, try this vegan recipe for healthier baked sweet potato fries and see if they don't just satisfy your cravings. These healthy baked sweet potato fries are much lower in fat than a deep-fried version and are very quick to prepare. This recipe is vegetarian, vegan and, as long as you use regular salt and not seasoned salt, these baked sweet potato fries are gluten-free as well.
Kids will love these baked fries just as much as you do. Need proof? One person who tested out this recipe said of these sweet potato fries: "Super easy and the kids loved them!" And I bet you and your kids will too!
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cut into wedges or fry shapes, however you like
- 1 tbsp good quality olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- dash cayenne pepper (optional, but adds a nice little kick)
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt or seasoned salt
- First, to prepare your sweet potato fries, pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Next, place the cut sweet potato in a large bowl and drizzle with olive oil. Then, sprinkle the sweet potato wedges with all the seasonings: cumin, cayenne pepper, paprika and salt or seasoned salt. Gently toss together until the sweet potatoes are evenly coated with the oil and all the spices. You can add a little more or less oil and seasonings, if you'd like.
- Place the coated sweet potatoes on a single layer on a baking sheet and bake in the pre-heated oven for about 30 minutes, or until done, tossing once or twice or turning the pan as needed to make sure that they are baking relatively evenly.
I personally really like to eat these sweet potato fries plain, but you could serve with ketchup, a ranch dressing dip or barbecue sauce, or maybe even a honey mustard. Enjoy your healthy vegan baked sweet potato fries!