Madeline is a Certified Sommelier and freelance lifestyle writer. Her writing has appeared on sites such as Eater, Heated, and Elemental, and her videos have been published on The Cut and The New Yorker
- Madeline has written for The Spruce since January 2020.
- Madeline's work has appeared on sites such as Eater, Heated, and Elemental, New York Magazine and The Cut.
- Madeline has a degree in Cinema and media studies from Carleton College.
Madeline is a Brooklyn-based writer and video producer with six years of experience in digital media. Her work has appeared on Eater, Food52, Grub Street, The Cut, and Vulture. She specializes in food and restaurants, but has covered everything from competitive dog grooming to high-end interior design.
Madeline has a bachelor’s degree in Cinema and Media Studies from Carleton College. She is also a certified sommelier.
- You Can Totally Handle Whole Scallops at Home, Eater
- 11 Ways to Carb-Load Before the New York City Marathon, Food 52
- Memo to Air Travelers: That Disinfecting Wipe Won’t Save You, Elemental
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.