Madison Yauger is a commerce staff writer for The Spruce focusing on home decor, bed, and bath content. She joined the team in January 2022, but has worked for Dotdash Meredith since February 2021 working in production and writing commerce stories for Meredith legacy brands such as Real Simple, Martha Stewart Living, and People. Prior to writing in the commerce space, Madison wrote lifestyle and news stories for many of the same brands, in addition to a human rights news agency called GroundUp in Cape Town, South Africa. In total, she has over 120 bylines across 20 local, national, and international publications. In each of these veins of journalism, Madison puts accuracy and human interest at the forefront of her work. When not working, she enjoys spending time with family and friends, voraciously reading, and befriending every dog in Manhattan.
- Madison’s stories have been published at brands including Real Simple, Martha Stewart Living, Southern Living, Better Homes & Gardens, Health, People, Food & Wine, Shape, Travel + Leisure, Departures, InStyle, Daily Paws, and more.
- Madison has a B.A. in Communication and an M.S. in Journalism from Wake Forest University and Northwestern University, respectively.
Madison received a B.A. in Communication from Wake Forest University, and an M.S. in Journalism from Northwestern University.
- 12 Subscription Boxes for Women that Will Pamper and Delight, Real Simple
- Six Ways to Make the Most of a Small Dining Space, Martha Stewart
- 10 Places to Buy Custom Christmas Cards Online—Including Last Minute Options, People
I purchased the Macon Metal Etagere Bookcase from Wayfair when I moved to New York 9 months ago, and it is my pride and joy. It holds all of my books (which is a lot) without compromising on looks, and I love the modern design with its intricate metal details. The grey wash wood color of the shelves blends in seamlessly with the rest of my décor, making for a rustic chic aesthetic.
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.