Follows these instructions to make a mail bag craft using a paper bag.
- Age Guideline: 3 Years and Up
- Time Required: 20 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
- Paper Bag
- Crayons, Markers, or Paint
- Stapler or Tape
- This is a quick and simple craft! Cut off a 4-inch strip around the top of the paper bag, this should now be a big loop. Cut it to make one long strip and set it aside.
- Fold down the top edge of the paper bag about an inch. Then fold it down again. You can continue to fold down the top of the bag until your mail bag is the height you want it.
- Next, fold the strip in half so you have one long strip that is 2-inches wide and double thick. Staple the ends of this strip onto the top, inside edge of your bag to make the strap. Make sure the straps are on the side of the bag directly across from each other. You might also want to reinforce the stapled areas with tape.
- Draw or paint a mail logo or a mail related picture on a plain piece of paper. Cut out the design, or cut around it, and tape it to the side of the bag.
- Voila, fill your mail bag with junk mail or make your own letters!