This list of more than 40 free photo tutorials for making dolls' house miniature food and play scale foods or jewelry covers everything from comfort foods and main courses to desserts and snacks. Not all the projects are made with polymer clay. Some use air dry clay, florist's foam or other materials. The tutorials are all clearly explained with photos to make them easy for beginners.
01 of 09
Make Miniature Fruits and Vegetables
These projects introduce you to a range of simple techniques for making highly realistic fruits and vegetables in miniature scales.
- Make Miniature Blackberries or Raspberries - use micro beads (or tiny balls of polymer clay)
- Make Miniature Blueberres, Pinkberries, Service Berries \ Saskatoons
- Make Realistic Peaches with Fuzz - polymer clay
- Make Lemons and Lemon Slices, Oranges, Limes or Grapefruits - polymer clay canes
- Make Onions and Onion Slices - polymer clay canes
02 of 09
Make Kitchen Staple Foods in Miniature, Dollhouse and Play Scales
Comfort foods and everyday dishes are a staple for dolls' house miniaturists and re-ment or play scale kitchens. Here are a range of techniques used to make them.
- Make Miniature Pancakes and Waffles - polymer or air dry clay
- Make Miniature Muffins - polymer or air dry clay
- Make Miniature Cookies - polymer or air dry clay
- Make a Miniature Lemon Meringue Pie - polymer or air dry clay
- Make Scale Bread, Toast and Toppings - polymer or air dry clay
- Make Cereal "O"s - (or mini donuts) -... polymer or air dry clay
- Make Wobbly Jellies - meltable resin, such as Scenic Water
03 of 09
Design Your Own Miniature Cookies
Scale miniature cookies can be made in a range of designs that mimic home made and commercial baking. Try some of the methods below to extend you range of miniature accessories for parlor, kitchen or shop scenes.
04 of 09
Make Special Holidays and Celebration Food in Miniature
You can make a wide range of scale miniature foods for displays for special celebrations. Here you'll find everything from birthday and Mother's day cakes, to Haggis for Burns Suppers and Sugar Skulls For Day of the Dead Offrendas.
Continue to 5 of 9 below.
- Make a Miniature Haggis - polymer clay
- Make a Mother's Day Hat Cake - polymer clay or air dry clay
- Make Sugar Skulls Polymer or air dry clay or marshmallows
- Make Miniature Candy Corn Kernels - polymer clay
- Make Croc en Bouche Towers of Cream Puffs - polymer... or air dry clay.
- Make Hanukkah Cookies - polymer or air dry clay
- Make Cupcakes or Fairy Cakes - polymer or air dry clay
- Miniature Dollhouse Cookie Swans - polymer clay or air dry clay
- Make Photo Birthday, Father's Day or Retirement Cakes - printables and florists's foam.
- Make a Ruffled Chocolate Cake
05 of 09
How to Make Miniature Chocolates and Candies
Miniature chocolates and candies can be used for a range of miniature dollhouse shops and special scenes.
- Make Miniature Chocolates - polymer clay
- Make Valentine's Day Chocolates and Chocolate Boxes - polymer or air dry clay
- Make Decorated Chocolate Easter Eggs - polymer clay or air dry clay
- Make 'Chocolate' Panoramic Easter Eggs - polymer clay or air dry clay
- Make Miniature 'Chocolate' Easter Bunnies From Molds - polymer clay, air dry clay
- Sculpt Custom Miniature... 'Chocolate' Easter Bunnies - polymer or air dry clay
- Make "Chocolate" curls and ruffles for sumptuous miniature cakes and pastries
- Make Candy Floss or Cotton Candy - Fiber
06 of 09
Make Miniature Deli Meats and Cheeses
With the right color mixes and techniques for blending clay, you can may a wide range of sausages and meat suitable for deli scenes or picnic spreads. Try these to learn the techniques, then create your favorites.
- Make Miniature Cold Cuts and Salamis
- Make Miniature Pork Pies
07 of 09
Make Dollhouse Baking and Pantry Supples
You can make dolls' house scalefood packaging from printables, and you can make very realistic spills and and items like raw eggs from standard art supplies.
- Make Miniature Raw Eggs or Spilled Water, Coffee, Milk or Juice - acrylic art mediums and paints
- Make Miniature Pasta - polymer clay
- Printable Food Labels and Packaging - paper
- Cellophane Food Packages - recycled food packaging or cellophane
- Fruit and Vegetable Crates - Craft Wood
- Fruit Baskets or Berry Punnets - wood veneer or recycled... envelopes
- Make Clear, Fillable Jars - clear acetate sheets
- Printable French Bakery Boxes - paper
- Pastry, Muffin and Chocolate Cases - tissue paper
- Fillable or Solid Cast Resin Bottles and Jars - two part epoxy resin, epoxy putty, or liquid Fimo (deco gel)
- Victorian Valentine Boxes - paper
08 of 09
Make Miniature Snack Food and Fair Foods
Of course miniature scenes need junk food or fair food for special scenes. These tutorials have everything from ice cream cones to popcorn,, bread, chips, french fries, cotton candy and mini donuts.
Continue to 9 of 9 below.
- Make Assorted Junk and Snack Food for Miniature Scenes - air dry or polymer clay
- Make Miniature Ice Cream and Ice Cream Cones - polymer or air dry clay
- Make Candy Floss or Cotton Candy
- Make Miniature Popcorn and a Printable Popcorn Machine
09 of 09
Special Techniques For Molding Miniature Food Shapes Over and Over
Silicone moulds make it easy to make some miniature foods over and over in endless variations. Here are some special uses for two part silicone mold putty