Learn how you can use a variety of craft supplies to transform your eggs into different animals or even people. You can use, wiggle eyes, pom-poms, chenille stems, craft foam, construction paper, markers, yarn, and just about anything else you have on hand.
- Age Guideline: 3 Years and Up
- Time Required: 30 minutes (Does not include drying time)
The above age and time guidelines are estimates. This project can be modified to suit other ages and may take more or less time depending on your circumstances.
- Hard Boiled, Blown Out, or Plastic Eggs
- Miscellaneous Craft Supplies (see suggestions below)
You can leave your eggs white or color them using these directions. Let the eggs dry before decorating. If you cannot get the dye the desired color, paint your egg using acrylic paint. I would suggest only doing this with a blown out egg though. If you do use regular paint and glue with your hard boiled eggs, make sure they are non-toxic.
How you can use a variety of craft supplies and these suggestions to decorate your eggs:
- Make a Bunny - Add ears, eyes, nose, whiskers, and a pom-pom tail.
- Make a Chick - Add a beak, feet, eyes, and even feathers if you like.
- Make a Duck - Like the chick, add a beak, feet, eyes, and even feathers if you like.
- Make a Self Portrait - Make an egg that looks like you. Add eyes, nose, mouth, ears, and even hair.
- Make a Cat - Add ears, eyes, nose, whiskers, and a tail.
- Make a Dog - Add ears, eyes, nose, a tongue, and a tail.
- Make a Cow - Add ears, eyes, nose, horns, and even spots.
- Make a Pig - Add ears, eyes, snout, and a curly tail.
- Make a Mouse - Add ears, eyes, nose, and a long tail.
- Make a Lady Bug - Add eyes, a mouth, and spots.
- Make a Butterfly - Add eyes, antennae, and wings.
- Make a Fish - Add eyes, a mouth, and fins.
I bet you can think of even more. You can also make these easy Easter egg stands for your critters to sit on.