Discover how easy it is to make your own ice cream using some clean snow and a few items you probably already have in your kitchen. This is the perfect activity to do with kids during the winter holidays! Head to a snowy city and have fun crafting up some yummy Ice Cream Snow Cones!
- 1 cup of milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cups sugar
- CLEAN Snow
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 - 5 cups
How to Make Ice Cream Snow Cones:
Put on your warm clothes and take the kids outside to collect 4 - 5 cups of fresh, clean snow. Don't pack the snow, just scoop it up. Bring it in the house and set it in the freezer while you prepare the other ingredients.
Mix together the milk, vanilla, and the sugar. Stir this mixture until the sugar is dissolved. Slowly add the snow to your mixture, stirring constantly, until it is as thick as ice cream.
Now it is ready to east and enjoy!
Want more winter crafts and activities? Here are 10 more ideas!
- 5 Snowy Day Learning Activities for Kids: Use the winter season for some fun learning activities! These would be fun for toddlers or a preschool class!
- 9 Pine Cone Crafts for Kids: Gather up lots and lots of pine cones to create any one of these fun and festive winter crafts!
- Ice Cream In A Bag: With just a few ingredients, you can make a bag of delicious ice cream! Kids love to make their own ice cream, but bring a pair of gloves, there's a lot of mixing with your hands and it gets cold!
- How to Make a Snow Globe: Even if the weather outside isn't frightful, you can still make it snow. Using some everyday supplies, your child can create his own custom-made snow globe.
- Winter Survival Kit: Follow these directions and learn how to make a fun winter survival kit gift.
- How You Can Make a Skier Out of a Pine Cone: How cute is this little skier? This would be a fun idea for your kids to make into an ornament for the tree!