Enjoy the sweet floral taste of lavender and rosemary in your own homemade vodka with this recipe! You will find that this infusion is very easy to make and can be used to add a refreshing, herbal twist to your favorite vodka cocktails.
Tip: Be prepared! You will need 3 to 5 days before the infusion is ready, it's not a last-minute party project.
While this particular recipe creates a lavender and rosemary vodka infusion, you can use either of the herbs by themselves. This would give you either a rosemary vodka or a lavender vodka. When making this switch, simply use 2 to 3 sprigs of either herb.
Fresh herbs are best for vodka infusions because they produce the most natural flavors. In a pinch, you can use dried herbs. If the herbs are loose, place them in a tea bag or infusion ball to make straining a little easier.
- 750ml bottle premium vodka
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 sprigs lavender
- Infusion jar with tight sealing lid
- Rinse the herbs and place them into a clean mason jar or similar jar with a tight sealing lid.
- Pour the vodka over the herbs and seal the lid tightly.
- Shake a few times and store the jar in a cool, dark place for 3 to 5 days.
- Beginning on the second day, test the flavor of the infusion daily.
- Once the herbal flavor has reached your desired taste, strain the herbs from the vodka using a fine strainer or coffee filter.
- Bottle and store as you would any other vodka.
Tip: Use a 1-quart (32-ounce) mason jar or similar wide-mouthed jar for the infusion. This will make it easier to remove all of the herbs while straining. Save the original vodka bottle for the finished infusion and label it with the flavor and date.
How to Enjoy Your Lavender-Rosemary Vodka
This flavored vodka adds a floral touch to a variety of cocktails. The key is that you do not want to overwhelm or mask the vodka, so make sure to use it in drinks with soft flavors.