These squash rings are glazed lightly with a buttery maple mixture, then roasted. It's a delicious side dish for any occasion. Fun fact: the outer skin of the delicata squash is fully edible. The inner flesh has a sweet, mild flavor that kids and adults alike will enjoy.
More Winter Squash
- 2 medium delicata squash
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Sea salt
- Ground cardamom or cinnamon
- Line a jelly roll pan (or baking sheet with sides) with nonstick foil. Grease the foil or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut the squash into 1-inch thick rounds; scoop seeds out of each round.
- In a bowl, toss the squash with the melted butter and maple syrup. Arrange the squash on the prepared foil-lined pan. Sprinkle lightly with salt and cardamom or cinnamon.
- Bake at 350 F for 35 to 45 minutes, turning once about halfway through the baking time.