These authentic Italian-style meatballs are perfect for your favorite spaghetti sauce and pasta. Make these well-seasoned meatballs and simmer them with spaghetti sauce on the stovetop or slow cooker.
From Maria - "This is my Italian mother's recipe for meatballs. Everyone always loves them and you can adjust the seasonings to taste."
The meatballs are broiled, but they may also be baked at 350° F for about 30 minutes.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (85% to 90%)
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup water, to moisten (see instructions)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 medium onion, finely minced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients together. Don't add all of the water at one time. The mixture should be moist but not so that the meatballs fall apart.
- Shape meatballs to desired size and place on the oiled rack of a broiler pan. Moisten your hands with water as you work to keep the meatballs from sticking.
- Broil about 4 inches from the heat source for 5 to 7 minutes, or until outside is slightly brown on one side. Turn the meatballs over and broil the other side.
- When the meatballs are finished browning, add them to the spaghetti sauce and simmer for at least 20 minutes.
Shared by MARIALISA
Tips and Variations
- To make your meatballs uniform in size, roll the meat mixture into long 1 1/2-inch thick logs and cut into 1 1/2-inch lengths. Shape into meatballs.
You Might Also Like