Marie Iannotti is an author, photographer, and speaker with 27 years of experience as a Cornell Cooperative Extension Horticulture Educator and Master Gardener to use as your reference guide to all things gardening.
- 27+ years experience as a garden writer and speaker
- Author of "The Beginner's Guide to Growing Heirloom Vegetables - The 100 Easiest-to-Grow, Tastiest Vegetables for Your Garden, "The Timber Press Guide to Vegetable Gardening in the Northeast", and "A Gardener's Tour of the Hudson Valley"
- Contributor to national gardening magazines, including Organic Gardening and HGTV
- Former Cornell Cooperative Extension Horticulture Educator
- Former Owner of Yore Vegetables seedling nursery
Marie is a life-long gardener and a veteran master gardener, as well as a former Cornell Cooperative Extension Horticulture Educator and Master Gardener program coordinator. She is the former owner of Yore Vegetables, an heirloom seedling nursery.
Marie's garden writing has been featured in newspapers and magazines nationwide and she has been interviewed for Martha Stewart Radio, National Public Radio, and numerous articles. She is also the former editor of The Mid-Hudson Gardener's Guide.
A popular gardening speaker, Marie has expanded her love of gardens into gardening and mindfulness writing and training, focusing on enjoying and relaxing in gardens.
Marie attended the State University of New York College at Oneonta. She enrolled in her local Master Gardener training and began growing and selling heirloom vegetable seedlings as Yore Vegetables.
Awards and Publications
- "The Beginner's Guide to Growing Heirloom Vegetables - The 100 Easiest-to-Grow, Tastiest Vegetables for Your Garden" (Timber Press, 2012)
- "The Timber Press Guide to Vegetable Gardening in the Northeast" (Timber Press, 2013)
- "A Gardener's Tour of the Hudson Valley: The Best Gardens to Visit for Inspiration and Sheer Pleasure" (2016)
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.