This rump roast is marinated then roasted to perfection.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon dried leaf thyme, crushed
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 boneless rump roast, about 3 pounds
- Combine water, soy sauce, ginger, sugar, thyme, and garlic in a large, resealable food storage bag (large enough to hold rump roast).
- Pierce rump roast all over with fork; place in bag. Close bag and turn to coat rump roast thoroughly. Seal and refrigerate rump roast at least 4 hours or overnight. Turn bag occasionally.
- Remove rump roast from bag; return marinade to refrigerate. Place rump roast on a rack in shallow pan. Roast rump roast, uncovered, at 325 F for about 2 hours.
- Meanwhile, put the reserved marinade in a saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Boil for 1 minute. Baste the roast with marinade during the last 30 minutes of roasting time. Serves 6 to 8.
You Might Also Like