These chocolate-coated Martha Washington candies are very easy to make and everyone will love them! The creamy coconut pecan filling is simply a mixture of sweetened condensed milk, coconut, pecans, and powdered sugar.
Use chocolate chips or specialty dipping chocolate to coat the candy.
- Line a baking pan or tray with wax paper or parchment paper.
- In a large bowl combine the confectioners' sugar with the condensed milk, coconut, melted butter, and pecans.
- With your hands, shape the mixture into balls and place on the pan or tray. Refrigerate the candy until the balls are very firm.
- Meanwhile, melt the wax and milk chocolate chips together in double boiler.
- Dip the chilled balls in dipping chocolate and let cool.
- Store the candy in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Tips and Variations
- Replace the wax and chocolate chip mixture with 1 pound of almond bark for candy coating. Melt as directed and dip the candy to coat thoroughly.