This spicy, strong masala chai vodka makes an exceptional base for creamy cocktails. It's also delicious on its own or with a bit of simple syrup.
- Using a funnel, guide the chai into the bottle of vodka. If necessary, lightly crush the spices first or use a chopstick to fit them through the funnel and into the bottle.
- Replace the cap of the bottle and shake well.
- Steep for about 10 hours, or to taste.
- Pour the mixture through a strainer and funnel into a different bottle. (If you plan to add simple syrup, use a larger bottle.)
- Discard the chai. Add simple syrup to the remaining solution if desired.
- Serve straight, on the rocks or as a base for more complex cocktails.