The beautiful thing about this quick and easy pasta dish recipe is that it succeeds in tasting both rich and light. How? The sauce is made with a combination of creamy mascarpone cheese and a lively amount of lemon.
Use any type of noodles with this lemon mascarpone pasta sauce and add vegetables if you like. Sauteed greens would be especially good. Chicken, shrimp, or prosciutto also would be a flavorful addition.
This sauce is a great way to use up leftover mascarpone. Or, you can buy a new container of mascarpone and use half for this recipe and the rest to make sweet mascarpone and honey spread.
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mascarpone
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup finely chopped herbs (parsley, basil, oregano)
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil to cook your pasta.
- In a small bowl mix together the lemon juice, mascarpone, and salt.
- When the pasta has cooked according to the package instructions, reserve 1/4 cup of the pasta cooking water before draining the pasta.
- Put the drained pasta into a large serving bowl and stir in the mascarpone until it is mostly melted into the noodles. If the pasta seems too dry or the mascarpone too thick, then drizzle in the reserved water as needed and stir to smooth the sauce out.
- Garnish the pasta with fresh herbs, black pepper, and sea salt.