Yukon gold or russet potatoes are combined with sour cream, butter, and milk for creamy, delicious, mashed potatoes. Add chopped fresh chives, parsley, or some minced cooked or roasted garlic, to taste.
- 3 pounds Yukon gold or Russet potatoes, peeled and rinsed
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 8 ounces sour cream, room temperature
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Cut the potatoes into smaller, uniform pieces.
- Put potatoes in a large saucepan. Add water to cover the potatoes, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, cover, and cook until tender, about 25 to 35 minutes. Drain and return to the pan.
- While the potatoes are cooking, combine the butter and milk in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Heat until butter is melted and milk is hot.
- Rice the potatoes into a large bowl. Add the hot milk and butter mixture and the sour cream; mash until light and fluffy, adding more milk, if needed. Stir in salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve hot.
You Might Also Like