These flavorful mashed potatoes are made with the addition of sour cream and fresh chives. The slight tang of the sour cream with the snipped fresh chives make these mashed potatoes smooth and flavorful.
Serve these delicious mashed potatoes along with meat or poultry for a perfect family meal.
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes (peeled, cut in 2-inch chunks)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 heaping tablespoon snipped fresh chives
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp. milk (or more as needed)
- Salt, to taste
- Put potatoes in a medium saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, cover, and reduce heat to medium-low. Continue cooking until tender, about 12 to 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes thoroughly and transfer to a bowl.
- Mash or beat the hot potatoes with the butter and sour cream. Add milk as needed to thin the mixture.
- Blend in the chives, pepper, and salt.
You Might Also Like