Are you considering filing for child support in Massachusetts? The following "Frequently Asked Questions" will help you learn more about the process as you prepare to request Massachusetts child support:
How Do I Locate My Local Massachusetts Child Support Agency?
Massachusetts child support resources can be found both online and at your local child support enforcement agency.
- Visit the Massachusetts Department of Child Support Enforcement web site
- Contact the Massachusetts Department of Revenue Child Support Enforcement Division by calling 1-800-332-2733
How Can I File for Massachusetts Child Support?
In Massachusetts, you can apply for child support right from the Department of Child Support Services web site. The following steps will help you establish a child support order in Massachusetts:
- Become familiar with Massachusetts’ child support guidelines.
- Optional: Use the Massachusetts Child Support Calculator to estimate the amount of child support you will receive.
- Apply for Massachusetts child support online
- Alternatively, you can print an application and mail it to: DOR/CSE, P.O. Box 7057, Boston, MA 02204-7057
- Once your child support order has been established, sign up online to receive payments via direct deposit or electronic pay cards.
Where Can I Access Additional Massachusetts Child Support Resources?
There are several federal and state resources which may be helpful to you, including:
- The Federal Office of Child Support Enforcement
- The Federal Handbook on Child Support Enforcement
- The Child Support Lien Network (CSLN)
- Massachusetts Child Support Guidelines