The Bottom Line
This model along with the Master Forge Brand has been discontinued.
This is what we typically call an event grill. For the average backyard cook it is too limited in function to be of much use. What a grill like this excels at is grilling a lot of burgers, hot dogs, or even steaks, and by a lot I mean a lot. With 755 square inches of primary cooking space on top of six burners and 75,000 BTUs, this is more like a restaurant grill than a backyard grill.
However, it is perfect for the company or group that might need to do a lot of grilling. Be warned that this grill isn't built with the best quality parts and will show rust and deterioration quickly.
- Very large grilling area
- Good event grill
- Poor quality stainless steel parts
- Low construction quality
- Temperamental ignition system
- Lightweight cooking grates
- Six 12,500 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 733 square inches of primary grilling area for a total cooking area of 966 square inches
- 75,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Porcelain coated steel cooking grates
- Electronic (AA-Battery) ignition
- Open grill design with back mounted wind shield
- Folds own for transport
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Sold propane only
- Made in China by BBQTek Enterprises exclusively for Lowe's Home Improvement Stores
Guide Review - Master Forge 6-Burner Model# GR1008-015039
First of all the Master Forge 6-Burner is not a typical backyard gas grill. This is what we generally call an event grill, meaning it is a lidless open grill designed for cooking lots of food at a time. With 755 square inches of primary grilling space this is a very large grill and will hold a lot of hamburger patties or hot dogs.
It will not slow roast, indirectly cook, or do that kind of cooking. Do not buy this grill if you want anything more than basic grilling. As an event grill, this unit has all the features. The side tables are large, but fold down, and the whole unit packs down for easy transport (though it does weight 132 pounds).
The limitation of this grill is its quality. I would expect private groups or businesses to purchase a gas grill like this for events. This means it will spend a lot of its time sitting in a warehouse or storage space. If it is cleaned, oils, and covered it should last for many years. If it is not taken care of it will rust quickly and fail since the quality of the components is low.