The Bottom Line
This model has been discontinued. It is replaced by the Master Forge 4-Burner Model# GD4833.
These days it is a good thing to refer to a gas grill as competent. There are so many grills that are loaded with needless features and covered with shiny, but low grade metals. This Master Forge 4-Burner avoids those problems and is a competent grill. The four burners deliver exactly the BTUs I would recommend for the size.
The construction mimics that of better and more expensive grills and gives this grill good durability for the price.
- Good heat output for the size
- Simple design without extras
- Lightweight internal components
- Four 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 480 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking space of 668 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Electric (AA-Battery) ignition
- Powder coated steel, cast aluminum, and stainless steel construction
- Small footprint with folding side tables
- Propane tank, rotisserie kit, and cover sold separately
- Imported from China by LG Sourcing exclusively for Lowes Home Improvement Stores
Guide Review - Master Forge 4-Burner Model# GD4825
The Master Forge 4-burner as Lowes for 2012 is a basic gas grill selling for around $270USD. It does not have a side burner, sear burner, rotisserie burner, or any other extra than being a basic gas grill.
The construction is simple and the footprint small. This is a good grill for the person who doesn't have a lot of space but wants a full sized grill. The side tables fold down to make it even smaller. All in all, a good design and a competent gas grill.
The construction of the internal components of this grill are, however, typical of the kinds of grills that make their way on the floors of mass market retailers.
Thin and lightweight, these parts are where you are going to have trouble. Kept clean and covered I would expect this gas grill to last longer than most at this price range, but don't be surprised to see corrosion inside within a year or two.