The Bottom Line
This gas grill looks like a good option for those looking for a smaller unit. Basic in configuration with a price that seems reasonable, yet very, very shiny, anyone would think that this the grill to buy. Unfortunately, this grill is built to look good, even cook relatively well, but not to last. The lower grade stainless steel will be hard to maintain, and the thin components will corrode quickly.
- Decent heat output for the size
- Thin sheet metal construction
- Low grade stainless throughout
- Three 12,000 BTU stainless steel tubular burners
- 408 square inches of primary cooking area for a total grilling space of 550 square inches
- 36,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Complete 430 Stainless Steel construction
- Stainless Steel rod cooking grates
- Fold down side tables for a smaller footprint
- Electronic (AA-Battery) ignition
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
- Made in China by Sagittarius Sporting Goods exclusively for Lowe's Home Improvement
Guide Review - Master Forge 3-Burner Stainless Steel Model# RT2417S
This model has been discontinued.
I think most people would say that the Master Forge 3-Burner Stainless Steel is an attractive grill. The smaller, pedestal design, all covered in shiny stainless steel looks good and will certainly get some attention sitting on the floor of Lowe's Home Improvement Stores.
The three burners put out a good amount of heat for the size, almost enough to make this a powerful grill. The all stainless steel construction will make most people think that it is a quality product.
This is where many will be wrong. While it looks shiny on the showroom floor, that appearance won't last very long.
Built entirely from low grade 430 stainless steel, and thin steel at that, this grill isn't built to last. Of course, what kind of grill would you expect from a company that makes sporting goods, not cooking equipment.
Fortunately, sitting not far from this grill is the Broil King Signet 20, a vastly better gas grill for only $30USD more. While it isn't as shiny, it is the better choice, in fact, that Broil King is on of the best gas grills in this price range.