The Bottom Line
Master Forge is the new Lowes Brand of grills made by various Chinese companies. This $200USD grill is at the bottom of the Master Forge line. Four burners and a side burner are all you get. In fact, you don't even get a side table to put a plate on unless you have the side burner off and the lid closed.
While a basic grill, this isn't bad for the price, though the internal components and general construction is lightweight. While better than many of the big box brand grills this unit does have its limitations and may suffer from many of the durability and support issues of similar grills.
- 304 stainless steel burners
- No workspace
- Lightweight internal components
- Long term support is an unknown
- Four 12,000 BTU 304 stainless steel tubular burners
- 536 square inches of primary grilling space for a total cooking area of 674 square inches
- 48,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- 10,000 BTU standard side burner under a flush mounted cover
- Lightweight porcelain coated cast iron cooking grates
- Individual piezoelectric igniters on knob
- Powder coated steel and stainless steel construction
- Cover included, propane tank sold separately
- Imported by Geo Global Partners from China exclusively for Lowes' Master Forge brand
Guide Review - Master Forge 4-Burner Model #GGP-2501
This basic 4-burner gas grill looks a little odd without side tables. An odd design considering that that the little drawers more and make up for the savings of metal that some decent workspace would use so obviously this is not a money-saving attempt.
On one hand you could say that the drawers give you a better place to store tools than dangling on the side. On the other hand, it might be nice to be able to set a plate down in some other place than on top of the covered side burner. Not really a serious detraction, but certainly an oddity.
From a grilling standpoint, this is a decently designed grill. The BTU output from the main burners and side burner are a little light, but not serious enough to limit your grilling abilities. The firebox design gives it heating even enough not to bother you and the preheat time is pretty typically.
As is typical with many of the mass market gas grills, this unit is light in the parts that count. While the stainless steel burners are high-grade quality, they are lightweight as are the rest of the internal components. These factors will limit the longevity of the grill, but it should be comparable with similarly priced grills.