This meatloaf is moist and flavorful -- and the secret ingredient is sour cream along with ground beef and ground pork.
Along with the ground meat, shredded carrots, cracker crumbs add to the texture and flavor of the meatloaf. Feel free to use all ground beef, a combination of ground turkey and some ground pork or a completely different ratio depending on your tastes. The loaf is seasoned with salt and pepper, but seasoned salt can be used to replace them, or add a salt-free herb seasoning to the meatloaf.
More Meatloaf Recipes
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup shredded carrot
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup cracker crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper, to taste
- 1 cup sour cream
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all ingredients. Mix well with your hands until well combined.
- Pat the meat mixture into a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake the meatloaf in the preheated oven for about 1 1/2 hours.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain off fat and transfer to serving platter.