Round steaks are great for the grill. Not only are they inexpensive, but grilling gives them the flavor they need to make them delicious. These steaks are marinated in a mixture of Dijon mustard and the liquid from a can of artichoke hearts.
- 2 beef eye of round steaks (about 8 ounces/225 g each)
- 1 jar (6 ounces/170 mL) marinated quartered artichoke hearts
- 1/4 cup/60 mL chopped roasted red pepper
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL chopped fresh basil
- 3 tablespoons/45 mL Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL sea salt
Drain artichokes, reserving liquid. Chop artichokes and combine with roasted red pepper and basil in small bowl; cover and refrigerate. Combine reserved artichoke liquid and Dijon mustard in small bowl. Place beef steaks and mustard mixture in food-safe plastic bag; turn steaks to coat. Close bag securely and marinate in refrigerator 6 hours or as long as overnight.
Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade.
Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, uncovered, 19 to 23 minutes for medium-rare doneness, turning occasionally. (Do not overcook.) Carve steaks into thin slices. Season with salt and pepper, as desired. Serve with artichoke mixture.
Makes 2 to 4 servings.