As General Manager and Vice President, Mélanie oversees all content initiatives and business strategies for The Spruce home, pets, and crafts sub-verticals. She has 15 years of experience creating, managing, and publishing lifestyle content across platforms.
- 15+ years experience writing, editing, and producing lifestyle content
- Countless appearances on national television
- Extensive experience executing branded content campaigns
- Expertise in building brands on social media, particularly Instagram and Facebook
- Excels at folding fitted sheets, napkins, and hoodies
Prior to joining Dotdash in 2018, Mélanie was the Chief Editorial Director of Thought Catalog, where she led a team of 20 staff writers and managed all strategic partnerships, acting as the bridge between the editorial and sales departments. She has worked as a producer and writer for brands including MTV, Vanity Fair, Elle, New York Magazine, The Atlantic, Cosmopolitan, Salon, Esquire, Maxim, and iHeartRadio.
Mélanie earned a B.A. in Political Economy from Georgetown University.
Awards and Publications
Mélanie published her first children's book, You Are Not A Princess (And That's Ok!), in 2019.
Interviews & Media
- Business Insider: IAC's Dotdash Has Built a Profitable Business Out of Service Content. Now It's Setting Its Sights on Selling Products.
- NBC News: College & Coronavirus — Packing During the Pandemic
- NBC News: Bringing the Big Screen to Your Backyard
- Richmond Times-Dispatch: Building a Home Office
- NBC News: Father's Day May Look a Little Different This Year
- Money: The Absolute Best Vacuum Cleaners for Your Money
- License Global: The Spruce Releases Pet Care Collection
- Dog O Day: Dry Shampoo for Dogs Is The Latest Trend With The Help of The Spruce
- Kiplinger: 52 Super Deals and Discounts for 2020
- Petoskey News-Review: Important Life Skills for Kids to Know by Age 10
- Romper: 10 Neighborhoods in the US That Are Making the Most Out of Quarantine
- NBC News: The Do's and Don'ts of Life in Quarantine
- Yahoo: How to Create Your Own Face Mask Without Sewing Anything
- Cosmopolitan: 6 DIY Face Masks You Can Totally Make RN
- Lonny: Easy DIY Projects With Things Your Already Have at Home
- The Oklahoman: Tips for Being an In-The-Know Thrift Store Shopper
- Parents: Wine Cork Crafts for Kids, Because We Know You Have Them on Hand
- Seattle Times: Finally Accepting That You Need a Home Office? Here's How to Do it Cheaply
- The Washington Post: Everything You Need to Know to Set Up a Home Office Fast
- Cheapism: Do Diluted Soaps, Detergents, and Shampoos Still Work?
- NBC News: Cleaning for Coronavirus
- Realtor Magazine: How to Best Navigate New Color Trends
- Fox 5: Millennials Embracing "Plant Parenthood"
- Fox 5: The High Costs of Dog Ownership Shock Some Owners
- Cheddar TV: Tips to Marie Kondo Your Home and Life in 2020
- NBC News: Rules for Regifting
- Cheddar TV: Christmas Gifts You Can Make Yourself
- NBC News: How To Save Time & Money On Thanksgiving Prep, According To Martha Stewart & Other Pros
- Digiday: 'Contextual Shopping': Publishers Are Using Model Homes For Retail Experiences
- The Zoe Report: Fall Home Decor Trends for Those Who Are Obsessed With Neutrals
- Coatings World: Dotdash Brand Helping Painters ‘Spruce Up’ Their Homes with First-Ever Paint Collection
5 Questions With Mélanie
Read on to learn more about who Mélanie is as a human, since she is more than the sum of her professional accomplishments.
What is your most treasured possession?
My daughter's stuffed Ducky is our family's most essential possession.
Do you have any hidden talents?
I can walk on my hands.
What is your motto?
Currently my motto is: "The quality of your relationships determines the quality of your life." — Esther Perel. In my 20s it was: "Everything in moderation, including moderation," which you can interpret as you wish.
What is the chore you dread most?
Removing stains! I'm so good at it, so it always falls on me, but I quietly resent this aspect of the division of labor in my household.
Describe your home decor style in a few words.
Modern, minimalist, clean, organized, me.
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.