As General Manager and Vice President, Mélanie oversees all content initiatives and business strategies for The Spruce home, pets, and crafts sub-verticals. She has 15 years of experience creating, managing, and publishing lifestyle content across platforms.
- 15 years experience writing, editing, and producing lifestyle content
- Extensive experience ideating and executing branded content campaigns
- Expertise in building brands on social media, particularly Instagram and Facebook
- Multiple appearances on national television
- Excels at folding fitted sheets, napkins, and hoodies
Prior to joining Dotdash in 2018, Mélanie was the Chief Editorial Director of Thought Catalog, where she led a team of 20 staff writers and managed all strategic partnerships, acting as the bridge between the editorial and sales departments. She has worked as a producer and writer for brands including MTV, Vanity Fair, Elle, New York Magazine, The Atlantic, Cosmopolitan, Salon, Esquire, Maxim, and iHeartRadio.
Mélanie earned a B.A. in Political Economy from Georgetown University.
Awards and Publications
Mélanie published her first children's book, You Are Not A Princess (And That's Ok!), in 2019.
Interviews & Media
- The Washington Post: Everything You Need to Know to Set Up a Home Office Fast
- Cheapism: Do Diluted Soaps, Detergents, and Shampoos Still Work?
- NBC News: Cleaning for Coronavirus
- Realtor Magazine: How to Best Navigate New Color Trends
- Fox 5: Millennials Embracing "Plant Parenthood"
- Fox 5: The High Costs of Dog Ownership Shock Some Owners
- Cheddar TV: Tips to Marie Kondo Your Home and Life in 2020
- NBC News: Rules for Regifting
- Cheddar TV: Christmas Gifts You Can Make Yourself
- NBC News: How To Save Time & Money On Thanksgiving Prep, According To Martha Stewart & Other Pros
- Digiday: 'Contextual Shopping': Publishers Are Using Model Homes For Retail Experiences
- The Zoe Report: Fall Home Decor Trends for Those Who Are Obsessed With Neutrals
- Coatings World: Dotdash Brand Helping Painters ‘Spruce Up’ Their Homes with First-Ever Paint Collection
5 Questions With Mélanie
Read on to learn more about who Mélanie is as a human, since she is more than the sum of her professional accomplishments.
What is your most treasured possession?
My daughter's stuffed Ducky is our family's most essential possession.
Do you have any hidden talents?
I can walk on my hands.
What is your motto?
Currently my motto is: "The quality of your relationships determines the quality of your life." — Esther Perel. In my 20s it was: "Everything in moderation, including moderation," which you can interpret as you wish.
What is the chore you dread most?
Removing stains! I'm so good at it, so it always falls on me, but I quietly resent this aspect of the division of labor in my household.
Describe your home decor style in a few words.
Modern, minimalist, clean, organized, me.
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.