Michelle Ullman has been a freelance writer since 2011. She specializes in all things related to home & garden, including home maintenance, decorating, gardening, organizing, and DIY.
- Michelle has written editorial and commerce content for The Spruce since 2014.
- She has 10+ years of experience writing about home and garden topics with thousands of articles published online.
- Her work has appeared in BobVila.com, Better Homes & Gardens, Business Insider, SFGate Home, BestReviews, and ModernMom, along with numerous company websites, including Walmart, ADT Home Security, and Pennington Garden.
Michelle has been an avid gardener, DIYer, and decorator since childhood. She’s tackled a wide range of home improvements on her own, including painting, flooring, wallpapering, simple repairs, and landscaping. When not researching power tools or writing, she enjoys tending to her 50+ houseplants, walking her dog, or taking long-distance train trips. She lives in Santa Clarita, CA with her husband, son, and corgi.
Michelle has a B.S. in Business and Management from Redlands University.
- How to Winterize Your Lawn, BHG.com
- The Best Thanksgiving Cooking Tools, Business Insider
- The Best Food and Vegetable Steamers, MSN.com
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash Meredith brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce reaches 32 million people each month. Learn more about us and our editorial process, and our commitment to ensuring we are providing you with the most trustworthy advice by certified experts for your home and garden.