Michelle is a freelance writer specializing in all aspects of home and garden, with a special emphasis on decor.
- Michelle has worked on commerce content for The Spruce since September 2020.
- She has 11+ years of experience writing about home and garden topics with thousands of articles published online.
- Her work has appeared in BobVila.com, Better Homes & Gardens, Business Insider, SF Gate Home, BestReviews, and ModernMom.
Michelle has been an avid gardener, DIYer, and decorator since childhood. She’s tackled a wide range of home improvements on her own, including painting, flooring, wallpapering, and landscaping. When not writing, she enjoys tending to her 50+ houseplants, playing with her dog, or taking long-distance train trips.
Michelle has a Bachelor of Science in business administration and management from the University of Redlands.
- How to Winterize Your Lawn, BHG.com
- The Best Thanksgiving Cooking Tools, Business Insider
- The Best Food and Vegetable Steamers, MSN.com
About The Spruce
The Spruce, a Dotdash brand, is a new kind of home website offering practical, real-life tips and inspiration to help you create your best home. The Spruce family of brands, including The Spruce, The Spruce Eats, The Spruce Pets, and The Spruce Crafts collectively reach 30 million people each month.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication.