Microwave Fudge is the only fudge recipe you'll ever need! This rich, creamy fudge is made with just a few ingredients and comes together in under 10 minutes. You won't believe how easy it is to make this fudge. It used to be that fudge required precise temperature measurement, a resting period, then prolonged stirring. No more! Now making fudge is as simple as tossing a few ingredients together into a bowl and microwaving it.
The best part is, once you master the basic recipe, the possibilities are endless! Check out the tips at the end of the recipe for a few ideas for customizing this fudge and making it your own. If you've never made it before, don't miss the instructional video showing how to make microwave fudge!
Watch the video below the recipe to reveal the secret to the easiest fudge ever!
- 18 oz (3 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 14-oz can condensed milk
- 2 oz (4 tbsp) butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp salt
1. Prepare an 8x8 pan by lining it with aluminum foil and spraying the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine the chocolate chips, condensed milk, and butter. Microwave for one minute and stir. Continue to microwave in 30-second increments, stirring after every 30 seconds, until the fudge is melted and smooth.
3. Stir well to ensure all the chocolate is melted, then add the vanilla and salt.
Stir until everything is smooth and well-mixed.
4. Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it into an even layer.
5. Place the fudge in the refrigerator to set, for at least 2 hours. Once set, cut into 1-inch squares and serve at room temperature. Store excess fudge in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Variations: There are SO many different ways you can customize this fudge! Let's start with the chips: replace the semi-sweet chocolate chips with white chips, peanut butter chips, or butterscotch chips to make a completely different flavor of fudge.
Once you've decided on your base fudge flavor, consider mix-ins. Nuts, dried fruit, coconut, and even candy pieces are all great additions to this fudge. You can combine almonds and coconut to make Almond Joy Fudge, or white chocolate chips and Oreo cookies to make Cookies and Cream Fudge, or a million other variations besides.
Finally, experiment with different flavoring oils and extracts. Almond, lemon, orange, coffee, and coconut are just a few choices that add a special flavor to the fudge. Use them alone or in combination, and they make this simple recipe taste amazing.