The Bottom Line
The Minden Grill Company has gone out of business. This grill and similar products are no longer available.
The Minden Grill is a reinvention, not only of the gas grill, but of how gas grills are sold, marketed, and accessorized. This 3-burner gas grill is small in size but a capable grill that can be shipped in a box small enough for UPS to send it. While you can buy this grill at a number of stores you will probably buy it online.
The Minden is a basic grill. The design offers a flip back lid that puts the cooking surface even with the side tables, similar to professional cooking equipment. The side tables are available with a number of accessories including a side burner.
- Even heating
- Compact design
- Available in black, blue, green, and red
- Basic grill with all options costing more
- Three 10,000 BTU Stainless Steel burners
- 365.5 square inches of primary cooking area with 535.5 square inches of total cooking area
- 30,000 BTU maximum output from the main burners
- Heavy porcelain coated cooking grates
- Porcelain coated firebox and hood with powder coated steel frame and body
- Large side tables set level with the cooking surface for a continuous workspace from end to end
- One side table comes standard with a removable cutting board while the other has a covered utility space
- Side burner, bamboo cutting board, stainless steel cooking grates and full sized griddle are available options
- Slide-out propane tank drawer
- Propane tank and cover sold separately
Guide Review - Minden Master Gas Grill
The Minden Grill is designed as a full sized gas grill that can be mail ordered. The designer has worked out a way of putting together a good grill that breaks down for shipping and weighs in at around 110 pounds (making it possible for affordable ground shipping).
The grill comes in four colors and has a series of upgrades possible. The basic unit is a good, straightforward grill with a number of customizable extras like a side burner, griddle, ice bucket, and more. Because of the design the makers of this grill promise that you can complete the assembly and be cooking in 30 to 45 minutes.
As a basic gas grill, this unit seems on the expensive side (around $400) especially for a grill that is small in size and has not stainless steel (other than the burners). On the other hand, this is a good quality grill that is durable and cooks very well (very even heat). The interesting design feature of this grill is the continuous workspace across the top. The cooking surface is level with the side tables and there is no interruption of this space from side to side. This gives it an almost Japanese feel to the unit. As for the size of the grill, this is not the grill for someone who needs lots of space (or wants to brag about the size of their grill) but it is perfect for the person who needs a smaller grill. It is a perfect unit for the small family.
One of the strengths of this grill is the ability to add to it additional features in the future. There are not a lot of grills on the market that you can put a side burner on.
Adding a side burner into this unit is a quick and easy operation that virtually anyone can do. Similarly, other features can be easily replaced or added as needed.
One other advantage of this grill is that it can be shipped virtually anywhere in the U.S. or Canada so you can get it shipped where you need it.