This comfort blankie is sized for a cat, small dog or other small animal.
This pattern has a one row repeat so once the repeat is memorized, the crocheting of this little blanket can go along rather quickly. There is one special stitch used, a crossed double crochet, which gives the look of mini cables running up the rows.
ch = chain, crdc = crossed double crochet, dc = double crochet, ea = each, sc = single crochet, st = stitch, sts = stitches
About 5 oz. worsted weight yarn, US size H hook
Crossed double crochet (crdc) ... crdc text instructions: skip the next stitch, make a double crochet in the stitch that follows the skipped stitch, make a double crochet in the stitch that was skipped.
Crocheting in back loop only
Turn at the end of each row. You will work under both loops of a stitch except where noted otherwise. Gauge is not important for this project, as this doesn't need to be an exact finished size.
About 16 inches square
- Starting Chain: Leaving a length to weave in later, chain 59.
- Row 1: sc in 2nd ch from hook, sc in ea ch across. (58 sc)
- Row 2: ch 3 (counts as first dc), * crdc over next 2 sts, dc in next st, dc in back loop of ea of next 5 sts, dc in next st **, repeat the directions between * and ** 5 more times, then crdc over next 2 sts, dc in last st.
- Rows 3 - 30: Repeat Row 2.
- Row 31: ch 1, sc in ea dc across. (58 sc)
- End off, leaving a length to weave in. Weave in ends securely, weaving back and forth several times on the back of the blanket, working under back part of a number of stitches so that the ends will not unravel over time.
© Sandi Marshall.
Licensed to About.com, Inc Pattern Design and Directions by Sandi Marshall