These mini quiches are quick and easy to prepare and bake, and they make a great snack or brunch side dish. The quiches are baked in muffin cups. Serve with ketchup, a little warm cheese sauce, or salsa.
- 1 1/2 cups milk, half and half, or light cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese, mild or sharp
- 2 cups chopped frozen broccoli, thawed and lightly steamed
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped roasted red bell pepper, optional
1. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Grease and flour a standard 12-cup muffin pan, or spray with baking spray which contains flour.
2. In a large bowl, whisk the milk, eggs, flour, salt, and pepper until well blended. Stir in the Cheddar cheese, chopped broccoli, and bell pepper.
3. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan, filling each cup nearly to the rim.
4. Bake for 26 to 32 minutes, or until a knife inserted into the center of a quiche comes out clean.
Makes 12 to 15 mini quiches, depending on the size of your muffin cups.
Tip: Make the quiches and freeze them for another day. To reheat, arrange them on a baking sheet and bake at 325° F for about 25 minutes, or until the quiches are quite hot. To reheat in the microwave, put 2 to 4 mini quiches on a plate and microwave at 70% power for about 3 minutes, or until hot.
You Might Also Like
Mini Cheddar and Green Onion Quiches
These little quiche snacks are made with lots of Cheddar cheese and green onions or use chopped spinach or broccoli.
Broccoli and Ham Quiche Recipe
This broccoli and ham quiche is made with Cheddar cheese and mushrooms, an excellent choice for brunch, lunch, or supper.
Turkey Quiche With Peppers and Green Onions
I used poblano peppers and Mexican style pepper jack cheese in this flavorful quiche, but you could easily make this quiche with less heat using Cheddar jack cheese and sweet bell pepper. This is a nice way to use that leftover turkey.
Crustless Chard and Bacon Quiche
With no pastry crust, this dish is lighter than a classic quiche. Use fresh or frozen Swiss chard in this great tasting quiche. This makes a nice lunch or supper dish along with soup or a salad.
Mini Broccoli Quiches
These mini quiches are made with pie pastry, along with thawed frozen broccoli and Swiss cheese. Use refrigerated pie crust or use your own favorite pie pastry recipe for these appetizers.