You'll find these Mini Key Lime Pie Cups are the perfect light dessert. They are great for baby showers, wedding showers or any event that calls for hand-held desserts.
Need a dessert on game day? These pie cups have also been known to even please sports fans watching the big game.
- Combine the key lime juice and the sweetened condensed milk with an electric hand mixer. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip the heavy cream until stiff peaks form. Add the key lime mixture and stir by hand. Mix until it is all combined, but try not to over mix.
- Pipe or spoon (I used an iced teaspoon) the mixture into filo shells.
- Zest the lime(s) over the tops.
- Refrigerate your Key Lime Cups covered for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- I used Nellie and Joe's Famous Lime Juice
- One defrosted 8-ounce container of whipped topping may be substituted for the cream and sugar.
- I only needed 30 Mini Key Lime Pie Cups, so I had half of the filling leftover. Since my family is always giving me a hard time about taking my desserts elsewhere, I left the remaining filling at home. I placed it in a container and sprinkled 1/4 cup graham cracker crumbs over the top for an upside down version of a Key Lime Pie.
- For baby and wedding showers, serve the pies on doilies on a pretty tray. Your tray will be empty in no time. Keep some extra ones in the fridge just in case.