This list of easy miniature needlework charts contains small projects suitable for a dolls house, or for use as repeated patterns or section larger needlework designs. The charts are in color, with lists of DMC cotton colors used. Various canvas counts are used, from 18 HPI to 42HPI Silk Gauze.
01 of 08
There are several articles to help you with miniature needlework projects
- Choosing Fabrics and Thread for Miniature Needlework Projects
- Working with High Stitch Count Silk Gauze for Miniature Needlework
- Cross Stitch Calculator will determine the finished size of a petitepoint or cross stitch based on the fabric thread count and number of stitches.
- Needlepoint Basics for Beginners
- Your First Cross Stitch
02 of 08
- Make a Miniature Cushion or Needle Holder From a Needlework Scrap
- Make Twisted Cord to Finish a Miniature Pillow or upholstery
- Block Needlepoint
03 of 08
These traditional designs can be used for dolls house cushions, upholstery, firescreens or as petit point subjects for brooches or framed needlework. All can be worked in a variety of sizes and scales. Check the dimensions of the design and work it on a fabric suitable for your scale purpose.
- Traditional Rose and Lily of the Valley Bouquet Tied with Ribbon - 33 x 36 stitches.
- Vintage Floral Design - 49 x 50 stitches (design area only).
04 of 08
These floral designs have been created especially for dolls house scale miniatures, but can be used for all types of miniature needlework.
Continue to 5 of 8 below.
- Miniature Foxglove Chart
- Miniature Sunflower Chart
- Miniature Rambling Rose Chart
- Miniature Geranium Chart
05 of 08
All of these charts can be worked in needlepoint, petitpoint or cross stitch. Most are close to 40 stitches square, and make up into dollhouse miniature pillows stitched on 32 count linen. These designs co-ordinate with the printable nursery wallpapers.
Miniature Lamb Needlework chart for needlepoint, cross stitch, or a combination with French knots.
Miniature Piglet Needlework chart
Miniature Rabbits Needlework chart.
06 of 08
07 of 08
- Miniature Pumpkins for Halloween or Thanksgiving
- Christmas Ornaments, Trees and a Snowman
These seasonal designs are small enough to work on dollhouse cushions or other accessories.
08 of 08
These simple designs for miniature Christmas stockings have three traditional motifs. As shown, the stockings are worked over 42 HPI silk gauze, to make them the correct scale for a 1:12 scale dolls house. Worked on larger canvas, the stockings can be used for Christmas tree decorations or to decorate packages. All the designs are suitable for a beginner.
- Charts for a Cabin in the Woods, Leaping Reindeer, or Noel with Holly Stocking