Looking for an easy baked tofu recipe? Try this low-fat vegetarian and vegan tofu baked with a miso sauce for a healthy, flavorful and unique taste. Baked tofu is an easy side dish or entree, or, use your baked tofu to make vegetarian or vegan sandwiches! Scroll down for more easy tofu recipes and baked tofu recipes to try.
- 1 container firm tofu (well pressed)
- 1/3 cup miso
- 3 tbsp rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp soy milk
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garlic (granulated)
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oil (olive, sesame or vegetable)
- Optional: dash of cayenne pepper
- Optional: sesame seeds
- Pre-heat oven to broil or highest setting. Cover a cookie sheet with tin foil. Combine all ingredients except tofu and oil using blender or mixer. Slowly add oil and mix until smooth and creamy. Pour mixture into wide bowl or pan.
- Cut tofu into 1/2 inch thick pieces and dip into miso mixture until coated with a thin layer, reserving some of the mixture.
- Gently lay tofu pieces on covered cookie sheet. Broil 8-10 minutes until golden brown and slightly crisp. Remove from oven.
- Turn the pieces over and "baste" another layer of miso mixture over the pieces with a spoon. Broil 8-10 more minutes until browned and crisp. Sprinkle with sesame seeds if desired and enjoy!
More Vegetarian and Vegan Tofu Recipes:
Tofu and Spinach Lasagna
Vegetarian Tofu Chili
Tofu Manicotti Recipe
Sweet and Sour Tofu with Vegetables
Broccoli and Tofu in Garlic Sauce
Tofu Sloppy Joes
Tofu Veggie Burgers
Thai-style Stir-Fry with Tofu and Hoisin Sauce
Easy BBQ Tofu Recipe
Tofu Egg Salad Recipe
Breaded Tofu Nuggets
Miso Baked Tofu
Tofu and Veggie Enchiladas
Tofu and Cashew Chow Mein Recipe