Miso soup is the most popular soup in Japan. Typical Japanese-style meals include a bowl as part of a course. As it varies in saltiness, adjust the amount to your preference. This is a simple recipe that comes together quickly.
- Put dashi soup stock in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Cut tofu into small cubes and add them to the soup.
- Simmer the tofu for a few minutes on low heat.
- Scoop out some soup stock from the pan and dissolve miso in it.
- Gradually return the miso mixture in the soup. Stir the soup gently. Stop the heat and add chopped green onion.
- Try not to boil the soup after you put miso in.