01 of 05
Modular Origami Pumpkin Instructions
Learn how to make a modular origami pumpkin with these easy to follow step by step instructions. This origami pumpkin would make the perfect finishing touch on a seasonal display, such as a Halloween wreath, Autumn table decor and also as the centerpiece on a handmade card!
Of course, you could make a lot of these and draw scary faces on them too!
For this tutorial you will need three sheets of square paper, mine was 10 x 10 cm. If you will be hanging your pumpkin, you might want to make two, and... stick them back to back, for the best result.
You will also need some glue for this fun origami project!Continue to 2 of 5 below.
02 of 05
Modular Origami Pumpkin Instructions - Step 1
1. Start with your paper like this, if you have a white side, have that facing up.
2. Fold the paper in half.
3. Unfold the paper.
4. Fold the left and right edges into the center, creating a kite shape.Continue to 3 of 5 below.
03 of 05
Modular Origami Pumpkin Instructions - Step 2
5. Fold the top corner down to make an upside-down triangle.
6. Fold the bottom corner up leaving a small gap at the top.
7. Fold the top left and right corners inwards, leaving a small gap.
8. Flip the model over.Continue to 4 of 5 below.
04 of 05
Modular Origami Pumpkin Instructions - Step 3
Make 2 more of these so that you have 3 of the same.
9. On one of them, fold the top triangle back up, leaving a small gap.
10. Fold the right edge of the stalk to the left, at the same time push the bottom of it to form a squash fold.
11. This what you should have.
12 & 13. Do the same to the left side, these folds don't need to be perfect.Continue to 5 of 5 below.
05 of 05
Modular Origami Pumpkin Instructions - Step 4
14. This is how it should be on the other side!
15. Stick the other 2 modules together with glue.
16. Fold the corners of them in a little for a rounder look.
17. Do the same to the other one and stick it onto the other 2.