These old fashioned molasses brownies are made with chopped walnuts or pecans.
- 2/3 cup butter
- 2/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup Grandma's Molasses
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease and flour two 8-inch square pans.
- In a mixing bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Stir in molasses and vanilla. Beat in eggs.
- In another bowl, combine the flour and baking soda; blend thoroughly.
- Add the flour mixture to the first mixture, blending well.
- Fold in chopped nuts.
- Spread batter in the prepared pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes.
Makes about 4 dozen.
You Might Also Like: