Sliced oranges get simple yet sophisticated treatment with a generous sprinkling of ground cinnamon, sugar and orange flower water. Serve this classic Moroccan dessert as a perfect ending to family meals and company dinners.
Some Moroccans use powdered sugar instead of granulated, but I prefer the contrasting texture and crunch of the granulated sugar.
A sprig of mint leaves can be added as a garnish if desired.
- For Each Person:
- 1 or 2 navel oranges
- 1 teaspoon orange flower water
- granulated sugar to taste (or powdered sugar)
- ground cinnamon to taste
- Peel the oranges and removed the pith.
- Slice the oranges into rings, about 1/4 inch thick. If desired, cover and chill the oranges.
- Arrange the orange slices on individual plates or a serving platter – make a pattern if you like – and drizzle with the orange flower water.
- Generously sprinkle the slices with sugar and cinnamon and serve immediately.
You might prefer to halve or quarter the slices for easier eating; just arrange the pieces back into a sliced ring shape for a nice presentation.
If prepping the oranges in advance, wait to add the sugar and cinnamon until serving time.